Thu, Sep 14|
50strong EmployerConnect: Networking
All service members, veterans, spouses & military-affiliated students are welcome! NOTE: This registration if for attendees/jobseekers only. If you are an employer interested in hosting a breakout room, please see www.50-strong.us/employer-interest or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further info.
Time & Location
Sep 14, 3:00 PM – 4:40 PM EDT
About the Event
- This is CASUAL & EASY. Please come as you are from wherever you are! (Seriously, whatever you're wearing for the day is just fine! Joining on a lunch break from your car is also fine!)
- All cameras will be enabled for max interaction & to help you build direct relationships with these employers. (Don't want yours on? That's ok too.)
- Each employer will host their own breakout rooms. You can enter & leave breakout rooms based on your specific interest areas. Our advice? Keep an open mind and explore many employers!
- Whether you're looking for a job now OR just building relationships for when the time comes, WONDERFUL!!!
To Help You Prepare:
- Want to know what type of vibe to expect? Check out this video with highlights from a recent event!
- If you're looking for a job now, we recommend to do some research before the meeting on the career websites and come prepared with a 2-3 specific roles that may fit your skills/education/location & interests!
- To help you learn more about each employer, we've pulled together a brief overview via 50strong EmployerConnect Key Employment Pathways. We update this as we receive new info! Note: This isn't a job board but rather a way to help you identify potential overall fits with links to each employer's specific intake of choice or career page.
- If you're active duty, also check out 50strong SkillBridgeConnect Opportunity Listings for latest ~5000 unique opportunities we're tracking at city/state level across 150+ DoD-authorized SkillBridge partners. NOTE: You can also access this via 50strong mobile app that is now available in Apple/Google stores!!
General Meeting Flow:
- Welcome – 25 mins
- Breakout Rooms Open - 1 hour (each employer hosts a breakout room; you move around freely BUT we will give you a reminder at each 15 min interval)
- Wrap Up & GIVEAWAYS – 5 mins
Before the Meeting: If at all possible, please be on Zoom 5.3.0 or later to self-navigate the breakout rooms. Not sure what Zoom version you’re running? Click here to help you find out. Need to download the latest version of Zoom Meeting client? Click here.
To Join the Meeting: We will resend all Zoom confirmation emails ~1 hour before we start so that you can easily find. Pls join from the link provided in your confirmation email from Zoom. Note: didn't get a zoom confirmation or need to re-register with a different email address? Pls use the link above.
To Navigate Breakout Rooms: Select “Breakout Rooms”, choose a room and click “Join”. When you’d like to leave that room, simply click “Leave Room” to re-join the main session.